Dr. Sreevathsa Boraiah
Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sreevathsa Boraiah, MD
Dr. Boraiah's expertise includes:
- Hip Replacements
- Hip Preservation
- Knee Replacement
- Hip Joint Specialist
About Dr. Boraiah
Sreevathsa Boraiah, MD is the attending orthopaedic surgeon specializing in adult reconstruction and hip preservation surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Boraiah earned his medical degree from JSS Medical College, one of the top five medical schools in India. He finished his residency at Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College and completed his specialty adult reconstruction fellowship at NYU Langone Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Boraiah also completed a traveling fellowship at University of Zurich, Uniklinik Balgrist and Schulthess Klinik, Switzerland in hip preservation surgery and anterior hip surgery.
He is an active member of numerous professional societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Boraiah holds multiple patents in medical devices and has an active interest in basic and clinical research related to hip and pelvic surgery.
Dr. Boraiah specializes in anterior hip replacement and knee replacements. He also specializes in complex revisions of hip and knee replacements and computer assisted surgery. Dr. Boraiah is well versed in all aspects of hip surgery and has a special interest in hip preservation procedures, including periacetabular osteotomies, hip arthroscopy, surgical hip dislocation and minimally invasive anterior bikini incision hip surgery.
In addition, Dr. Boraiah is an innovator in the field holding multiple patents. He is the inventor and founding member of Gordian Surgical, a laproscopic self closing trocar. He is also the inventor, founder and CEO of Nail Kinetics LLC, a unique hip fracture IM nail that helps in the reduction of the fracture after surgery. Dr. Boraiah’s inventions are driven by clinical need and supported by cutting edge science and proven biomechanical principles.
- Medical: JSS Medical School, Mysore, Karnataka, India
- Internship: St. John Hospital and Medical Center - Detroit, MI
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Westchester Medical Center - New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases-Orthopedic Institute, New York, NY
- Research Fellowship: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Hip and Hip Preservation Surgery Fellowship: University Hospital of Zurich, Schulthess Klinik, Uniklinik Balgarist, Zürich, Switzerland
- Assistant Professor, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine